Coronavirus Situation Updates
Down below you can find all the measures that were adopted due to the current situation of the spread of the COVID-19 disease.
If some of the information is not in accordance, the most current information is always the valid one.
For all the up-to-date information regarding a foreign-nationals’ stay in the Czech Republic, please, follow the Ministry of the Interior website.
May 28, 2020 – Personal Presence at VSE
A student may participate in an examination or other activity at VŠE only if the following conditions are met:
- prove its identity with a student’s ID card or other documents to the security staff while entering the building
- be free from acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.)
- have no quarantine measures ordered at the given time
- provide a written affidavit on the absence of symptoms of a viral infectious disease during the previous two weeks – you can either print the enclosed one or it should be available at the entrance to the university
- wear a respiratory protective device (mask, respirator, scarf, etc.)
- use hand sanitizer before entering the room
- use of a respiratory protective device during state final examinations, defences of final theses and comprehensive
April 6, 2020 – Information for International Students
- Information of the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic, which specified the conditions and particulars as referred to in point I.1 of the Resolution No. 334 of March 30, 2020, required for ENTRY the national territory of the Czech Republic valid from 31. 3. 2020 from 00:00 until 12. 4. 2020
- Telephone line for inquiries related to travelling during the state of emergency, Mo-Fr
March 26, 2020 – Information for Current Students
- Based on the directive of the Czech Government, the educational institutions will be closed for classroom teaching at least till mid-May. In our case, it means that the rest of the semester will be organized in the distance/on-line mode as we are doing now.
- At the same time, the plan of the VSE rector is to re-open the school campus for final “state” exams and thesis defences already from April 2. Exams and defences of the BBA students are planned for June 2020. The deadline for thesis submission remains as planned, i.e., May 13, 2020. We do not require hard copies of the thesis to be delivered to the university. It is enough to submit the thesis only via InSIS and notify about it your thesis supervisor. The slots for thesis defence, as well as state exams, will be announced shortly.
- In case your thesis is based on qualitative research, interviews, etc. which cannot be conducted on-line for some reasons, you may postpone the thesis submission till the end of August with its defence in September/October 2020 or you may change the topic of your thesis. In these exceptional cases approved by the thesis supervisor (putting the Academic Director and Programme Coordinator in CC), there will be no tuition charged in case you manage to defend it in those months. The same principle will also be applied for those students who will not be able to attend physically final exams in June due to travel restrictions.
- Individual course instructors will update you regarding the organization of final exams in their respected courses. The Academic Director has instructed all of the instructors to enable on-line way of testing / oral exams etc. In case of any trouble, please, address your concerns to the Academic Director.
March 26, 2020 – Information for Applicants
- The application deadline for the Bachelor of Business Administration programme is the original one, i.e. June 10, 2020. Given the current situation regarding the spreading of COVID-19 disease, it is exceptionally possible to prolong the deadline to June 30, 2020.However, we strongly recommend applying within the original deadline (until June 10), due to the visa issues and so the required documents can be issued sufficiently in advance.
March 16, 2020 – Confirmation of Study
- As of Friday, March 13, students can generate an electronic confirmation of study (PDF file) in InSIS, which will be digitally signed automatically. This digital signature verifies the validity of the document, the file should be accepted by all authorities and companies as well as the standard paper confirmation with a stamp. The procedure is simple: In Student’s Portal go to the Confirmation of Study application and click on the new Electronic Confirmation of Study button. The confirmation of study is generated and forwarded to background digital signing. Within an hour, the digitally signed file will be available for download in your Document server. An electronic confirmation of study is issued for the current semester. Confirmation can be in Czech or English – the language depends on whether you have set up Czech or English language environment in InSIS.The authenticity of the signature can be verified in standalone PDF viewing applications such as Acrobat Reader. The digital signature cannot be validated when viewing the file in a web browser.In case you need a confirmation of study in a paper form, you can get a PDF file on a USB flash drive to the CzechPoint contact point (post office, most municipalities), and here for a modest fee to print an officially certified copy.
March 10, 2020 – Cancellation of Classes
- Due to an extraordinary measure of the Ministry of Health, which forbids the personal presence of students in classes with effect from March 11, 2020, the Rector of the University of Economics decided to cancel all lessons in all premises of the University of Economics, Prague and Jindřichův Hradec. The events of student associations and organizations that were supposed to take place in the school premises were cancelled.