Mission and Vision
We provide students with a comprehensive business education to make them fit for starting a career and assuming responsibility in the fast-changing environment of global management tasks.
The mission of the Faculty of Business Administration is to educate future business leaders.
Faculty has an ambitious strategic vision for the future: to be among top business faculties in central and eastern Europe.
To fulfil the vision in the context with the key stakeholders means:
- in the relation towards the establisher – to be one of the best university institutions in the Czech Republic in the specialization Economics and management in terms of research and education;
- in the relation towards the market – to educate graduates who will be searched out by businesses, to use contacts with alumni in order to innovate program portfolio, to offer other attractive products, graduates of faculty are in great demand, the economic crisis has not impacted our placement rate;
- in the relation towards students – to ensure educational process based on modern program portfolio enabling graduates the best work placement, at the same time to stabilize numbers of, respectively to slightly lower numbers of accepted students, and in the process of faculty growth to prefer quality to quantity;
- in the relation towards the international environment – to increase the number of students studying at least one semester at foreign universities, to increase the number of foreign students studying at the faculty, to ensure that the study program portfolio is enough appealing to businesses with internationally oriented activities, to present faculty internationally;
- in the relation towards employees – to create an environment for qualification growth, to create stimulus leading towards full use of scientific and pedagogical potential, maximum support of international activities;
- in relation towards the community – faculty as a whole and also individual members of the faculty will respect traditional ethical values, to build strongly perceived faculty identity.
The current successes proving our pre-set direction:
- The Faculty of Business Administration has as the only faculty in the Czech Republic the prestigious international EQUIS accreditation. This means FBA ranks among the 1% best business schools in the world.
- The faculty together with 31 other excellent business schools runs one of the most successful Master’s Programmes in International Management in the global world, CEMS MIM programme, which consistently ranks in the top 10 of the Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking, CEMS MIM is the ultimate academic-corporate bridge programme.;
- The Faculty of Business Administration took 60th place in the rating of the „Financial Times European Business Schools 2018“;
- The university as a whole is ranked no 1 in the Czech Republic within 5 Palmes – UNIVERSAL Business Schools;
- MBA program taught at FBA is consistently evaluated as one of Top 3 MBA programs in Eastern Europe.