Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is the bachelor program tuition at the University of Economics in Prague?
The tuition fee per academic year is 3 800 EUR for the students enrolling for the academic year 2019/2020.
The tuition fee per academic year is 3 600 EUR for current students (enrolled in 2018/2019 and before).

How to obtain a study visa to the Czech Republic?
See more…

What is the length of the bachelor study program at the University of Economics in Prague?
The standard length of study is three years. The maximum duration of bachelor education is specified in Study and Examination Rules.

Where it is possible to obtain study literature?
Textbooks and other printed materials could be obtained at the university bookstore in Rajska Building or at the university library located in Stara Budova in Zizkov. Some learning materials will be provided by teachers as part of their courses in electronic or paper form.

Is it possible to arrange accommodation in university dormitories?
Yes. However, room availability depends on each dormitory. See more…

What ID cards are used at the University of Economics and where it is possible to obtain these cards?
Identification cards are issued at the ID cards office:

Leoš Havlíček
Office: 22 Sb
Telephone: 224 09 5831

Students have the option to ask for a student’s standard chip card, which is valid only for the University for 290, – CZK or a chip card with student license ISIC for 340,- CZK. See more…

Do I need nostrification of completed secondary school education?
Yes. Students who have not completed secondary school in the Czech Republic or Slovakia shall provide the nostrification of their school diploma.

Where is it possible to obtain nostrification of diploma certifying graduation?
Municipality of Prague is in charge of any nostrification issues. The actual process of obtaining nostrification lasts about 2 to 4 months. For the nostrification process it is required to present these documents:
– School-leaving certificate (notarized and officially translated copy)
– Curriculum 8 – 11 classes (notarized and officially translated copy)
– Power of attorney (in case of students under 18)
– Confirmation of accommodation.

– Nostrification fee is 1000, – CZK
– Expenses for official translations (translations can be provided at the university or at the Czech House in Moscow.)

The University of Economic can provide and assistance with the nostrification process (including filling-in an application, payment of the fee, delivery of documents, collection of documents, ensuring the interpreter and translations, arranging possible further examinations at relevant secondary schools in Prague).

The Municipality of Prague is entitled to require additional exams in case that the study load (curriculum) of foreign secondary school does not comply with Czech standards. These exams can be taken in Russian, English (or any other language) in the presence of the official interpreter. Participation of the official interpreter is a paid service.

Is the attendance at lessons obligatory?
Basically yes. Specific requirements for each course are shown in the annotation of each course.

Where can I get the confirmation of study?
Programme coordinator Karel Pernica. Room RB 358.

How to apologize for an absence at lessons?
All of these questions are specified in Study and Examination Rules.

How much reserve credits do I have?
To finish the bachelor program it is necessary to obtain 180 credits (control points). Each student gets in addition 36 credit vouchers for an unsuccessful examination of any course. For more details, see Study and Examination Rules.

What is the minimum number of credits per session?
According to the Study and Examination Rules, each student should acquire by the end of the semester the number of credits which equals the sequence of the semester multiplied 20 times. For example, by the end of the fourth semester, the student must obtain at least 4 * 20 credits. Not meeting this condition leads to exclusion from the program.

Is there a scholarship provided according to the results achieved?
Yes, under certain conditions beginning from the third semester according to Study and Examination Rules.

Is it possible to move between bachelor study programs provided by the faculty of Business administration or other Faculties at the University of Economics, Prague?
Students are allowed to change from one program to another only between programs taught in foreign languages (English or Russian) at the Faculty of Business administration. To change for a Czech study program or programs provided by other faculties, passing new entrance exams is required.